Thursday 1 March 2012

Beautiful Grave Goods...

I find it fascinating that many of us enjoy decorating ourselves with pieces of clothing and jewelry that we feel represent us. It is only natural, then, that I am interested in the elaborate jewelry found in graves. So much of this jewelry is elaborate and, as we discussed in class, it is hard to imagine how it was possible to make it. Such fine detail... so many valuable stones... how did they do it?! Anyways, here is a photo I came across of said beautiful jewelry. This particular collection is from the Arslev grave in Denmark. The website where I found this picture didn't say much about the site, however I still wanted to post it because they are just too pretty!

source



2 comments:

  1. That jewellery is gorgeous! I wonder if it's for royalty because it looks like they are lion figureheads at the top? Really cool, I'm going to check this Arslev grave out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Noori! Yes, I hadn't noticed that those may be lions... good observation. Maybe some sort of native animal to the area? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete